virus bloodhound.w32.ep

Oy You 23:14 12 Aug 04

Im using Windows XP home and I have had difficulty accessing my Norton anti virus 2004. I thought it may have run out of date, so I bought a new download which took hours to download. then I had problems launching it. When I did get it to scan my files I had 19 infections of which 18 were deleated and one "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sysmgr.exe" remained and Im back to square one. What can I do please.

VoG II 23:18 12 Aug 04

Bloodhound is a generic detection and it may be a false positive. Try click here

Oy You 23:52 12 Aug 04

Thanks for your info but would another anti virus device interfere with Norton and would it delete the infection?

JoeC 07:00 13 Aug 04
  JoeC 07:03 13 Aug 04
  Oy You 14:30 15 Aug 04

Im probably being a bit "computor thick" but what I really want is a human being type response that is comprehensible to an OAP, in english language if possible. Is there anyone out there???

VoG II 14:51 15 Aug 04

Try running click here - it will not interfere with Norton. If there really is a virus, it should detect and remove it.

The "bloodhound" category reported by Norton means that it thinks it is a virus but isn't sure.

Oy You 17:32 22 Aug 04

I tried option one which took over an hour to download and I didnt have time to install or run it and now,a week later I can find no trace of it anyway. There must be someone out there with a simple answer that a "Thickie" can understand ????

iambeavis 17:57 22 Aug 04

You need to download and use the utility recommended by VoG™, using the link provided by him.That's the simple answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…