//some 3rd party need geo

Virus Backdoor 32\sqlmd.dll

darrenaj 13:00 29 Jun 04

AVG has picked up this virus, but can't remove it. I have tried the norton site, but none of the listed viruses have a similar name. Can some one help?

€dstowe 13:38 29 Jun 04

Are you certain of the name? I can't find any reference to anything with that or even a similar name.

Dan the Confused 13:40 29 Jun 04

Disable system restore, run AVG again then re-enable system restore.

SR info click here

Dan the Confused 16:46 29 Jun 04

Via email: 'Already tried that. Full message reads Trojan horse Backdoor.Agent.BA C:\WINDOWS\system32\sqlmd.dll'

In that case boot up in safe mode (press F8 key before Windows loads and select it from the menu that appears) then run AVG again. Reboot again as normal.

VoG II 17:05 29 Jun 04

Or see click here

Dan the Confused 05:04 02 Jul 04

Via email: 'Tried that and AVG won't run in safe mode.'

Boot up in safe mode then go to the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder and right click on sqlmd.dll then select PROPERTIES and make sure 'Read-Only' is unticked. Then try deleting it normally. Reboot and run AVG again.

Alternatively, you could try installing MoveOnBoot from click here then right click on sqlmd.dll, select 'Delete file(s) on the next boot' and then reboot to see if it shifts it.

You could also try click here

Dan the Confused 05:54 03 Jul 04

Via email: 'Dan, i have booted in safe mode and searched for sqlmd.dll and the system cannot find it. The other problem I have is that the system restarts as soon as the desktop appears so it won't even stay on to allow me to do anything. Also AVG wont run in safe mode - driver error. HELP!! Darren'

If able, you will gain much speedier responses if you post to the forum.

Do you have long enough to click START>RUN and type SHUTDOWN -A (press enter)? (Caps are for clarity, you can type in lower case.) If so, this should hopefully prevent the computer from restarting.

Then download Stinger from click here

Disable system restore, reboot and use SHUTDOWN -A again, run Stinger, then re-enable system restore and reboot normally.

darrenaj 10:05 06 Jul 04

Tried all the above suggestions. Stinger doesn't find anything and sqlmd.dll cannot be found, yet AVG finds it but cannot move it to virus vault. someone suggested running xp disk and ticking repair button? Any more suggestions please.
Thanks

Dan the Confused 11:04 06 Jul 04

For info on how to make the file visible click here

If you can find sqlmd.dll then try the previous suggestions to delete it.

darrenaj 16:13 06 Jul 04

Dan, I tried this again with no luck.

Dan the Confused 18:51 06 Jul 04

Could you clarify exactly what you are and aren't able to do as I'm finding it difficult to tell. For instance, have you run the Panda Scan? If so, what did it find. I'm not sure why you can't find the file either as it should be visible now. And does 'shutdown -a' work? Please give more details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…