virus again/avast

jade25 10:26 31 Aug 08

A few weeks ago l got a trogan, sent a day scanning and changing virus and spyware programs and it was cought on c drive and got my pc clean. I scan every other day.
Yeterday l got small screen telling me l had won something so closed it down and scanned and this came up 'maindir' which after looking on web seems to be linked to avast which l have started using sinced the last infection so don't trust it all all now but not sure what else to use.
The trogan earlier was of antivius 2009, was using avg them which l used for 10 years,
Jade

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:39 31 Aug 08

I trust AVAST have been using for years but like any other Anti.. software it will not catch everything.

I use Avast as my antivirus and back it up with Superantispyware to get rid of any trojans and malware.

tullie 10:41 31 Aug 08

Not sure what you are talking about,but Avast is a very good product,and not sure why you scan every other day,thats why your anti virus is there,to pick up any new infections.

jade25 10:51 31 Aug 08

I have got on with evast but after it finding a a virus last night with a name maindir l looked it it up on google and there were lots of sites saying its linked with evast which shocked me.
I use superantispyware with it plus spybot and
nabam and ccleaner so have plenty helping but still cought this virus so l don't feel safe now.
Have just run cc cleaner and its clear and nabam is clear,
Jade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…