VIRUS

asterias 18:28 06 Feb 09

My O/S is XP Prof' and my Anti-Virus & Firewall is BULLGUARD.I appear to have picked up a virus which Bullguard identifies as "File Path" - eteraser.exe(memory dump),"Virus" - Gen:Trojan.Heur-GM.0420060432,"Original Location" - Process ID:2932>=>C:\Program Files\East-Tec Eraser 2009.
When I click on Bullguard's "FIX" it claims to have eradicated it.However ,it continues to re-appear on each further Scan.I have tried Scanning with MalwareBytes'Anti Malware,Spybot S&D,Windows Defender,AD-Aware and Combo fix but to no avail.The Trojan simply won't go away.
Any suggestions please?

canarieslover 18:31 06 Feb 09

Try scanning in Safe Mode and turning off System Restore as viruses can 'hide' in restore points and restore themselves. Turn System Restore back on after all scans finished.

eedcam 18:43 06 Feb 09

Are you sure its dodgy?
click here

brundle 18:59 06 Feb 09

False positive.

"C:\Program Files\East-Tec Eraser 2009"

brundle 19:00 06 Feb 09

The fact that it's listed as a running process will prevent anything removing it.

skidzy 19:56 06 Feb 09

Run Prevx to see if it is found click here

If Prevx fails to find this,its a good chance its a False positive as brundle suggests.

Prevx will scan but will not remove without payment,just run Prevx and post back the findings.

If you can find the location of this file,upload to Jotti click here and let the AV engines run a a scan for the possible nasty.

If this is found,we can kill the process and help in the removal.

config_error 03:35 07 Feb 09

hello.

this method might help. its standard procedure method on our I.T department to remove virus, torjans and other known threats..click here

gazzaho 05:27 07 Feb 09

canarieslover
You are partly correct about viruses and restore, a virus can be incorporated in a restore file but it can't infect anything "until" you run the restore point where the infection is located. Read through this click here it's recommended to leave system restore on until the infection is removed in the event that something drastic goes wrong and you end up with a OS beyond repair, better being able to restore to an infected machine than no machine so to speak. Once the virus is removed then it's recommended to switch off restore to delete the restore points and the stored virus.

birdface 07:37 07 Feb 09

Maybe try this.click here Unlike most 30 day trials this will remove anything it finds.And after the 30 days if you decide that you don't want to keep it you just remove it.

anniesboy 08:23 07 Feb 09

If the advice here does not succeed,why don't you submit it to Bullguard Support.
They will guide you through,after all you are most likely paying for this security.

asterias 08:38 07 Feb 09

Thks chaps.Working thru' your various suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…