Virus

rincewind66 10:34 05 Jul 07

when i turn my computer on it comes up with the anti virus saying it has detected a virus in one of my folders and then my computer freezes. This is a problem as when i turn my computer on the anti virus comes on as soon as i turn it on so i cant get to the folder to delete the file. Can you help me please?

johnnyrocker 10:42 05 Jul 07

does it still happen when off line?

johnny.

VoG II 10:44 05 Jul 07

Start in Safe Mode - keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows logo appears.

rincewind66 10:53 05 Jul 07

Yes it does still happen when i am offline and i cant seem to get safemode to work for some unknown reason but thanks anyway

Demora 12:55 05 Jul 07

I had this sort of problem awhile ago. The only way I got around it was to get a SATA/IDE to usb cable and connect the hard drive to my laptop as an external drive. From there was able to scan with AVG and all the other programs on laptop.

D

mfletch 13:25 05 Jul 07

Hi sometimes you have to repeatedly press F5 to get into safe mode!

mfletch

Mac70 14:58 05 Jul 07

Does it go into a constant reboot loop when you try to get into Safe Mode. Corrupted safeboot keys are not uncommon, and repairable.

rincewind66 18:00 05 Jul 07

I am currently away from my computer and i will try all varieties and thanks for that i will keep u posted if these solutions work

rincewind66 17:44 06 Jul 07

Thanks very much everyone as now i have fixed the virus thanks a lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now