Is this a Virus????

craigy1 17:42 18 Mar 06

hello

I am connected to boradband with a gateway through ethernet.

Sometimes when i am on the net i get the box saying that a program wants to connect to the net. the box is the one that shows when you connect to the net through dial-up.

the program is

UWFX6_0001_N69M1503NetInstaller.exe.

I have disabled the item saying never dial a connection in internet options. so i dont think is connected. its just that it is using some of my resources in windows task manager.

I have tried looking for it on my harddrive and have scanned my pc using virus software and adaware and micorosft spyware programs but still cant see it. i did find 2 files on my pc which seem to be related to it and have now deleated them but it still trys to connect.

Is it a program i need?

ACOLYTE 17:46 18 Mar 06

This may be somthing to do with NET framework,but i sggest you read this click here
from the sbybot forum.

recap 17:51 18 Mar 06

It may be spyware. Download and run SpyBot S & D you can get it if you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…