Virus

sootey 16:53 05 Jan 06

I have just received a VIRUS [email protected]
and a virus get rid of program.
How can I get them of off my computer.
Thanks
sootey

GuZ><0r 16:58 05 Jan 06

What do you mean by "a virus get rid of program".

VoG II 16:58 05 Jan 06

Try Ewido click here

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version.

When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
Launch Ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.

On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update

Run Ewido:

Then select "Settings"
Under the bottom section "What to Scan?" make sure "Scan every file" is checked.
Select "OK" and you will return to scanning options.
Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.

This scan can take quite a while to run.
While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds.
Choose Clean.
Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections' . Doing this, enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK

VoG II 17:00 05 Jan 06

If you've got Spyaxe as well click here

Forum Editor 17:05 05 Jan 06

and do not download any other so-called 'fix' tools - some of them contain malicious code themselves, and you could end up with a browser hijack.

The Moppit 17:39 05 Jan 06

another thing to try is once you think you have removed it get Ad aware, sounds like avirus but it isn't. I'm sorry but I cant remeber the link. So once you have that do a scan and save a log. Then head over to click here and either upload or paste the log in the box provided. Click OK or analise, whatever it is and it will tell you what all the items are. You will need to know a little about your PC as some things, eg. my router software are displayed as unknown. This can help remove any other tiny little problems that the virus may have caused. If there is anything there that you are unsure of then leave it as it can mess up your PC if not checked properly.

Good luck with removing your virus.

TM

The Moppit 17:40 05 Jan 06

Sorry for double posting but I cant edit my old post. I ment to say use Hijack This and then head over to click here. Please can an admin when they have the chance edit my other post and delete this one.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5