virus??????

houllier 11:15 16 Dec 05

please couls anyone help?im running avast,and it says i have 2 vruses...details are
win32\system32\trz241.tmp infected with trojan-gen??
win32\system32\wininv.dll

can anyone help??

Belatucadrus 11:22 16 Dec 05

Has avast! put them in the Virus chest ?

Belatucadrus 12:34 16 Dec 05

Message received via e-mail.

"it wont run avast? "

Not sure what you mean, if avast doesn't run, how do you know you have the viruses ? Can you start avast at all ? If it will start but not scan, open the menu and select "schedule boot time scan" select "Scan all local disks", schedule it then restart.

Please keep correspondance confined to the forum, that way everybody knows what's going on.

Mytob 13:16 16 Dec 05

mayby its preventing the av scanner from running. some of the more advanced viri worms and trojans can. make so virus rescue disks and run them and see if that solves the problem. if it dosernt get clamwin av click here it is very slow but its totaly free and has a exelent av database. as it is not comenly use it may not be targeted.

Belatucadrus 15:41 16 Dec 05

Possible Mytob, but avast! isn't one of the ususal targets and even if it was the boot scan usually allows avast! to nail the relevant nasty before it's up and running.
Clamwin is a nice backup, but I don't feel it's suitable as front line defence yet, having no Shield/On access style protection. The mail coverage also leaves a lot to be desired. OK if you use Outlook as a mail client and instal the addin, but its failure to cover Outlook express or any of the other POP3 options is a huge hole in coverage. I know it's on their to do list, but until it materialises.

rawprawn 16:44 16 Dec 05

click here Get an online scan here, it usually solves problems that occur that desktop scanners can't.I scan with it on a monthly basis just to be safe.

bribert 20:33 16 Dec 05

on th link above, do I delete/remove all that I find or just the red items? ta very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…