Virus

santikara 21:38 20 May 05

I have up-to-date Registry Mechanic, Spyware Cleaner, Ad-ware SE Personal, Spybot-search & destroy, Norton System Doctor, Panda Anti-virus Platinum and Widow Washer all installed on my computer - yet email friends tell me they are getting a virus from my contact with them. I have ran all software several times but the problem is still there - what am I doing wrong?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:43 20 May 05

Your protection sounds good. What is the name of the virus they are reporting?

Big Elf 21:48 20 May 05

Just in case something is interfering with your AV program you could try an online virus scan at click here

santikara 21:53 20 May 05

my friends [in USA] have only reported having "funny - strange things??" happen to their computers after they open the emails from me. Both have reported having to get their computers "seen too" as they have stopped working. Both reports are are not connected [come from different parts of the USA]and both reported that they were advised the virus came from me?

DieSse 22:02 20 May 05

The problem is, that the virus may not have come from you. Some email borne viruses use "spoofed" email addresses. That means they come from another machine that has your email address in their address book.

If yoy want to scan with the best AV there is, you can download a free trial of NOD32 click here

santikara 22:23 20 May 05

big elf, I tried your program. It ran to about 30% then shut down - I received the usual message to report the error to Microsoft

santikara 22:37 20 May 05

Tried your advice and received
"Warning - Could not find Agent,CS infected DLL scanning the registry Please, select the infected DLL manually" what does this mean?

DieSse 23:08 20 May 05

It looks like you do have a virus called Win32Agent.CS - and a DLL is infected with it. Since you already have the Trojan, it seems normal cleaning will not remove it because a vital file is already infected which stops the AV from loading/working.

You will need to know which DLL is infected, in order to clear the infection.

I'll look further and see what help is around for this.

santikara 23:10 20 May 05

Tried your link - I received "Clean failed: worm_AGOBOT.fx" ??

VoG II 23:11 20 May 05

Try a² click here

DieSse 23:18 20 May 05

You may have the New Vundo B infection.

Download the FxVundoB.exe file from: click here

Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.

Close all the running programs.

If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.

Restart in safe mode

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:

Restart your computer

After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.

Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear

Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Locate the file that you just downloaded.

Double-click the FxVundoB.exe file to start the removal tool.

Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.

Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.

Restart the computer.

If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.

Re-install and run NOD32 to check

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…