???Virus???

towunda 16:06 19 Apr 05

Hi everyone.
XP. Whilst suring the web I got a pop-up for Norton anti-virus saying my computer has dectected a virus - MHTML Redir.Exploit and Trojan,ByteVerify. I have run anti virus and nothing was dectected, also ran spyware and that dectected - 'blackboxAOL logger keylogger' - whats that mean??? I was curious as to whether this was a hoax pop up, though it did look like the real thing, so I went into the same site agian click here and I got the same warning message from Norton. How can I get rid of it??? Thanks for any help. T

DieSse 16:57 19 Apr 05

Norton is telling you that the bad page is trying to insert a virus into your system - presumably it's blocking it (as it should) - that's why you can't detect it when you run a scan - Norton is stopping it before it can get into your susyem.

towunda 20:32 19 Apr 05

Phew, thats a relief, thanks for that. I didn't know you could get a virus from visiting a webpage??? Thanks for your help.

stalion 21:59 19 Apr 05

please don't post a link to a site on here if there is a known problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…