Virus

reddawn1 14:12 05 Nov 04

I have norton av with all the latest updates so if i sweep my system can I be 100% sure that it is virus free. If not what else should I do.
Thanks.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:15 05 Nov 04

Do you have any spyware tools, a firewall on etc, Are you on Windows XP? If you what does the Windows Security Centre (in Control Panel) report?

Stuartli 14:16 05 Nov 04

At that precise moment, hopefully yes.

But the situation changes by the minute, hour and daily - hence the requirement for consistent and regular updating.

Cook2 15:39 05 Nov 04

Double check first with click here and double check with click here

reddawn1 16:07 05 Nov 04

I have norton firewall, windows xp home and no spyware tools.

fuzzynavel 16:16 05 Nov 04

get a freeware copy of adaware do a search on google for it from a company called lavasoft...or another called spybot search and destroy....they should cover your anti-spyware needs....

but on the other hand as long as you set your norton antivirus and firewall to check for updates at least once a day then you should be pretty safe....

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:19 05 Nov 04

Another free tool to consider might be CWShredder available at adaware and spybot can also be found there.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:21 05 Nov 04

Ooops shoud have read-

Another free tool to consider might be CWShredder available at click here , adaware and spybot can also be found there.

reddawn1 15:41 19 Nov 04

Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…