virus

COBBLER 09:28 20 Aug 04

I have win ME. Keep getting this message: Virus name= Win32:Trogan.Gen (VB)
File name= C:\Window\System\Regsvc32.exe
Have tried repair,delete ect but message keeps appearing. I have avast on-set scanner on pc

MichelleC 10:17 20 Aug 04

Thgis may help from a previous post:

Jester2K II Sun, 17.08.03 | 16:21
If your AV detects a virus in the C:\System volume information\Restore\..... etc directory this means System Restore has backed up the Virus and your AV can't delete it. Windows protects these files for obvious reasons.
The virus cannot harm your PC directly from the System Restore folder.

To remove the virus from there you need to flush System Restore.

Windows Me

1. Click Start, Settings, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click the System icon. The System Properties dialogue box appears.

NOTE: If the System icon is not visible, click "View all Control Panel options" to display it.

3. Click the Performance tab, and then click File System. 4. Click the Troubleshooting tab, and then check Disable System Restore. 5. Click OK. Click Yes, when you are prompted to restart Windows.

Once you have cleaned the virus or other problem from the computer, re-enable System Restore by following these directions

To enable Windows Me System Restore:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click System, and then click the Performance tab. 3. Click File System, and then click the Troubleshooting tab. 4. Uncheck Disable System Restore. 5. Click OK. Click Yes, when you are prompted to restart Windows.

Belatucadrus 10:38 20 Aug 04

Try scheduling an avast boot scan, open the program and then Menu / Schedule boot time scan / scan c. Or you could try running it in safe mode.

If that doesn't work try a² free trojan scanner click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…