Virus

Hetti 11:17 11 Jun 04

Over the last two day's AVG virus scanner had
detected the virus (Trojan horse downloader Dyfica.2.R. Yesterday it removed the virus too the virus vault and said healed OK,but after finding the same virus today and giving me the option to remove to the vault, when I checked the test results it said "still infected"

Why is this? and should I do anything else?

Dan the Confused 11:48 11 Jun 04

What Windows version do you use?

Smiler 11:53 11 Jun 04

I think you are supposed to disable system recovery before removing virus.

Hetti 12:20 11 Jun 04

Hi Dan

I use win ME
Smiler said I maybe should have disabled system recovery, but I was not given the option by AVG
It just asked if I wanted to put it into the vault

Hetti 12:20 11 Jun 04

Hi Dan

I use win ME
Smiler said I maybe should have disabled system recovery, but I was not given the option by AVG

Hetti 12:21 11 Jun 04

Hi Dan

I use win ME

Bagsey 12:27 11 Jun 04

If system restore is on then a copy of the virus could be lurking there to reinfect when you switch on again. Disable system restore, run avg then reset system restore and all should well.

Dan the Confused 12:41 11 Jun 04

If above don't work then disable system restore, reboot in safe mode (press F8 before Windows loads up and select it from menu that appears) then run AVG and re-enable system restore. Reboot again as normal.

Info for system restore click here=

Hetti 18:12 11 Jun 04

Hi to all that have taken the time to reply to this query

When I try to remove this virus the message now says FILE C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0038440.CPY CANNOT BE REMOVED

THE TERMINATOR 19:39 11 Jun 04

do a scan click here TT

VoG II 19:48 11 Jun 04

You need to disable System Restore (see Dan the Confused's link), then scan to be sure it has gone, then turn SR back on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…