Virus

sadie 2 10:32 10 Jun 04

Hi can any one help when i start my pc and my desk top starts up i keep on geting a virus come up i have downloaded avast antivirus so i put the virus into the chest and when i start my pc again the same thing happens will i need to buy some antivirus software to clear the virus thanks.

spuds 10:45 10 Jun 04

You already have an anti-virus programme, so there is no point in thinking of purchasing another. Should you wish to change your anti-virus, then a selection is available click here I use and find AVG suit all my purposes, and many forum user would perhaps recommend this also.Its a free download.

Regarding your actual problem, I think that you may find a return to a previous restore point is needed.

Do you have the virus details, as this may help with further advice and removal.

sadie 2 10:53 10 Jun 04

Hi spuds one is win32:Rvop(Trj) and Win 32:Ncase spy.

VoG II 10:55 10 Jun 04

Run Ad-aware click here

johnnyrocker 11:46 10 Jun 04

and if you have xp disable system restore before cleansing.

johnny.

keith-236785 12:56 10 Jun 04

Please, Please, please do not disable system restore. if you do you lose all chances of restoring to a previous point.

download/install AVG from click here

do a full scan of all fixed drives and follow instructions on-screen.

if it reports the virus to be in System Retore Information, report back and i will explain how to remove ONLY the infected entry from system restore.

click here, download the 30 day trial, install and run a full scan. it will check for and report if and where any trojans are on your system

win32:Rvop(Trj) looks like it may be a trojan (trojans and virus's are different) and will not normally be cleaned with a virus checker, though they may be spotted).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…