virus

GSK019 21:37 19 Apr 04

Can u please help me get rid of this win32:RCPexpliot[Trj},its somthing to do with my inernet connection,i think in XP,I've got win98 on 1 HD (which i'm on now)and XP on the other,I can get on the internet for a while,then up pops a box saying your Pc will shut down in 1 min.It says somthing about RCP in that.

VoG II 21:41 19 Apr 04

You have got the Blaster virus.

First, Start, Run and type

shutdown -a

and click OK. This will give you more time.

Disable System Restore click here

Next, get the MS Patch. Without it you'll be reinfected every time you connect: click here

Then run either Stinger click here or the Norton removal tool click here or Microsoft's tool click here

Smegs 21:45 19 Apr 04

GSK019, just had a look on the norton site, can't find anything on this virus.

GSK019 21:45 19 Apr 04

I'm on it now thanks alot

maz2 21:48 19 Apr 04

The onlu way around it is to download allthe critical updates from Windows for XP, I had to do this last week. So that you can stay on line long enough to download them Right Click on My Computer and then manage, open up services and applications, scroll down until you reach Remote Procedure Call (RCP) do not touch locator. Open RCP click on recovery and change the 3 values to read take no action, remember to reverse this action when finished. Download and install updates from Windows,download Fixblast from symantec, turn off system restore run fixblast and turn system restore back on again. I had to do this last week and it worked

maz2 21:51 19 Apr 04

By the way I tried to fix it by downloading just the 1 patch and it didn't work I had to download all the critical updates

GSK019 22:02 19 Apr 04

Thanks alot to you all for your help,i'll go through it all soon. I know this anit nothing to do with my virus problem,but if anybody likes FPS shooters you've got to get FARCRY what a bloody game,i can't keep off the damn thing!

GSK019 22:32 19 Apr 04

Got rid of the virus,cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…