Is this a virus?

wesparmalee 09:32 17 Feb 04

I've just recently installed Spymaster on my pc.After running a scan it discovered a parasite called AcrolEHelperA and informed me that it considered it to be severe.I've tried finding out about this on the internet,and it seems that there are conflicting reports concerning this.Some say that it is nothing to worry about,that it's just a part of Acrobat Reader.Does anyone know for sure what this is,and should i remove it from the registry?Thanks.

Proxy Worm 09:38 17 Feb 04

I would say its something to do witih Acrobat Reader but to get a second opinion try and get: Spybot Search and destroy- updte it and then scan: click here

erkmatrix 10:18 17 Feb 04

Yeah I think its their way to make you purchase the software to get rid of it, its as I was told a harmless file. Just use spybot search and destroy like proxy worm says, its always recommended on here.

click here

check other thread out that I started and came across this

Phil

JIM 10:18 17 Feb 04

similar to Spyhunter would go as suggested for
Spybot Search and destroy original.

Location of the files below,but would leave alone.(i do also have them on system and run spybot-s&d. No problems with reported reg entries.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcrolEHelper.AcrolEHlprObj

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcrolEHelper.AcrolEHlprObj.1

Comment from other web site.

In re "AcrolEHelper.AcrolEhlpr.obj" in registry, this is associated with the Adobe Acrobat Distiller program and appears to be harmless. The "Spyhunter" high danger readout is no doubt a false positive. Verification: Check your Adobe file folders (Distiller) and you will find files with similar titles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5