Virtual Office

Abel 10:29 04 Feb 09

I'm contemplating the possibility of having a virtual office, where all of my data could be stored on a provider's server. Certain personnel would be given access by password, to amend and update any of the several stored records. Could anyone advise me if this is possible, and where I could find such a facility. Also, if anyone has this facility already, what their experience is.

Abel

crosstrainer 11:58 04 Feb 09

Not too much UK uptake, but some information here:

click here

I had a client a while back who trialed this, with mixed results. My chief concern would be security of sensitive data, and compliance with UK Data Protection law.

Abel 12:04 04 Feb 09

Thanks for that crosstrainer. Yes, security could well be an important issue.

Abel

interzone55 12:40 04 Feb 09

I would worry more about relaibility.

If all your data is in "the Cloud" what happens if your net connection goes down?

What happens if the datacentre provider goes under?

I think you'd be much better hosting the data yourself and allowing workers to have remote access...

Abel 14:16 04 Feb 09

Thanks alan14, I take your point. I must admit, it hadn't occured to me to host the data myself. However, how would I give personnel remote access without them seeing other confidential data on my system?

Abel

Abel 11:08 06 Feb 09

Having given more thought to alan14's suggestion, I'm going to host the data on my own machine by using 'Go to my PC' which I saw advertised on TV.

Abel

Redf0rd 15:51 19 May 10

Another option would be to look at setting up an actual Virtual Office for your comapny through a Serviced/Virtual Office provider. You'll get a city address, e-mail, fax, telephone receptionist, access to boardrooms all over the world and dedicated tech support while never having to leave the comfort of your home and if I'm not wrong they also offer data hosting. I set up a <a rel="follow" href="click here">virtual office london</a> not too long ago, but didn't require any hosting services, with click here and am yet to have a porblem...

devilbarney 15:15 02 Jul 11

For starting business owners who are looking for ways to be able to save time and money, setting up a virtual office is the best solution. These are types of office spaces where employees and business owners need not go to a physical space, but converge in an online setting.. Have a look at these software I use that make a virtual office work. These tools can help you grow and run your business more efficiently.

devilbarney 15:17 02 Jul 11

For starting business owners who are looking for ways to be able to save time and money, setting up a virtual office is the best solution. These are types of office spaces where employees and business owners need not go to a physical space, but converge in an online setting.. Have a look at these software I use that make a virtual office work: http://www.timedoctor.com/blog/2011/01/19/virtual-office-software These tools can help you grow and run your business more efficiently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…