virtual memory Windows XP

Newuser3477 15:23 23 Jul 04

Windows XP loss of virtual memory

I am getting the error message 3MB of free virtual memory needed to load this programme in a window headed “Director Player 6.0”
I am trying to load US Robotics fax software. I am allowing Windows XP to manage my virtual memory automatically and this states that I have 1140MB of virtual memory.
I believe my virtual memory is tied up somehow because the computer has been very sluggish of late and I am getting error messages on close down of the following type
“The instruction to terminate 0x771215e0 referenced memory 0x03fl226c could not be read”. The window heading differs between DDCMan.exe and an Outlook Express reference. Can any one help me clear the virtual memory? I have cleared temporary files and the recycle bin, closed down zone alarm, pop up professional without success
Thanks
Peter

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 23 Jul 04

control panel - system - advanced tab -performance settings - advanced - virtual memory change - virtual memory - (select)custom size

in the initial box type in size in Mb usually one tenth the size of your hard drive i.e if you have a 40Gb hard drive type in 400

in the max box type in 800

Newuser3477 18:35 23 Jul 04

Tried your solution without success. As reported above I had viewed this setting which was higher than 10% of my hard drive. I reset initial to 800MB which is 10% and to 1536MB the max possible.
The error message "this programme requires 3MB to run" still appears and the error meesage mentioned above also reoccurred on closing down computer.
Any more ideas on clearly what is locked into my virtual memory
Peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…