//some 3rd party need geo

Virtual memory what's this

golfpro 14:38 20 Jul 03

I've just had a warning from MS to this effect. "Windows- Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low" This appered in the bottom right of the task bar What does it mean and how can I rectify it. It also said that MS was doing something to put it right, but I may be denied access to certain programs while this is going on.

bremner 14:48 20 Jul 03

It is an area of your hard drive set aside to 'help out' your RAM it is often called the swap file or paging file. By default it is managed by Windows although this can be overridden and max and min values assigned.

If you haven't done this then I would think you have a hard drive that is virtually full and there is not sufficient space for the swap file.

You will have to make space availabale or your machine will not operate

golfpro 14:56 20 Jul 03

I have a 30gb hard drive and am only using 20% of this at the moment

bremner 15:04 20 Jul 03

What OS are you using?

golfpro 15:58 20 Jul 03

XP Home

bremner 16:19 20 Jul 03

In System Properties choose 'Advanced' then under Performance choose 'settings'then click the advanced tab. At the bottom will be the section dealing with the paging file. Click 'change' and you will be able to see all your Vitual memory settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…