virtual memory problems

b-atch 23:39 01 Aug 03

I have windows xp on my laptop. after working on it for about an half anhour windows infoems me that my virtual memory is low and is fixing the problem. but it does not seem to do anything. how can i inprove my v-mem?

BBez 00:05 02 Aug 03

At Control Panel | System | Advanced, click Settings in the ?Performance? Section. On the Advanced page of the result, the current total physical size of all page files that may be in existence is shown. Click Change to make settings for the Virtual memory operation. Here you can select any drive partition and set either ?Custom?; ?System Managed? or ?No page file?; then always click Set before going on to the next partition.

Quiller. 00:09 02 Aug 03

To adjust the virtual memory, or space reserved on the hard drive for memory usage.

Go to control panel

system

advanced

performance

settings

advanced

virtual memory

and then change.

pick custom size

and enter the parameters you want.

Make the min and max memory size the same, about 3 times the size of your ram.

If you need help picking the size, post back with your physical ram size, the size of the hard disk, if partitioned and the amount of free space it has. This will determine the best V.M. setting.

Quiller. 00:10 02 Aug 03

I Did not refresh. lol

BBez 01:39 02 Aug 03

ha ha, kewl :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…