Virtual Memory HELP

Silent Seargent 21:37 10 Feb 03

I keep getting a warning message saying that there is a problem, ime newish to computors and dont understand what virtual memory is if any one can help can you please explain what it is in the easieist terms possible ,and can you also help me with what to do and how to go about increasing my virtual memory is it possible to buy something.
Question2
is it possible to buy the latest processer and install it with out having to buy loads of new parts,i have no problems changing graphics,sound cards and memory i hope someone can help
please it will be very much appriciated

Beas-Knees 22:00 10 Feb 03

Virtual memory is when part of the hard drive is used as virtual (temporary) memory when the normal memory is running low,If you are getting error messages about virtual memory then it can be increased,Which O/S are you using.

Lú-tzé 22:09 10 Feb 03
  mark29 20:51 13 Feb 03

I am also getting warning messages about being low on virtual memory. I am using XP home and the virtual memory was set at an inital level of 144 and a maximum of 288. How far can I safely increase these values.

AndySD 20:54 13 Feb 03

Go Start then Run type in

msconfig

click ok ...now in the Startup tab untick anything Not required

click here

It should solve your problem.

AndySD 20:59 13 Feb 03

Virtual Memory as above ...As for the processor upgrade it will depend on your present Motherboard as to what it can support if you know the make/model post it here and we can check for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…