Virtual Memory

tobyjug472002 01:35 19 May 08

Hi,
i'm using an old pc with XP Home, with service pack 2 installed, but have subscribed to AOL with free Wireless router. I dont know if there is a minimum amount of Memory required to use this ISP Package, but when ive installed the Installation disc and router software, AOL's home Page wont display correctly, and i am having to use Internet explorer as my browser instead of AOL's. Ive tried for days to correct this installation all to no avail. I have used the same pc with AOL 9 Installation disc (think this may have been discontinued?) and with an ordinary modem it worked fine...i also keep getting Virtual memory is too low, anyone else having problems with this AOL and router Package, or is it just another con to get some more money out of us and buy a more up to date pc? Any ideas to my problems would be most welcome.
Thanks

MCE2K5 01:57 19 May 08

How to Increase Virtual Memory? click here

feb 02:15 19 May 08

were you using a modem before?
If so, try changing the mtu to 1400.

tobyjug472002 10:24 19 May 08

i was using an ADSL Modem with AOL 9 no problems but it seems the installation disc for AOL now only works with the router provided, and NOT an ADSL Modem...customer services can offer no help, must have rung them half a dozen times all to no avail...how would i alter the mtu to 1400 please?
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now