virtual memory

geedad 15:32 09 Dec 05

I have tried to run a couple of games, but I get an error message stating I need at least 3mb of VIRTUAL MEMORY.
These are new games, and my other games already installed are OK!
?
How can I correct this?
geedad

gudgulf 15:36 09 Dec 05

Could you give us more information such as your pc specs,operating system and the games involved?

geedad 15:44 09 Dec 05

Sony PCV RS 404 - 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 HT.
Graphics: ATI-Radeon 9200 with 128 MBDDR SDRAM.
HDD: 160 GB (7200rpm)
Windows XP HOME Sp2.
Games:
Disney Hotshots Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too.
and Pingu.
Both state XP OK.
I must confess, I have never had this error message before.
Thanks for your amazingly fast response. Got to get it working or I will be in trouble with my grandsons!
geedad

SG Atlantis® 15:48 09 Dec 05

how much RAM is there?

They don't look like very demanding games. Try uninstall and then re install them.

SG Atlantis® 15:50 09 Dec 05

click here;en-us;555223&SD=tech

scroll down to PAGEFILE

SG Atlantis® 15:52 09 Dec 05
  Thalmus 16:03 09 Dec 05

I got this error once after i moved my virtual mem off my c: drive and onto its own partion on another disk. setting up a new one back on the c: seemed to solve it

gudgulf 16:55 09 Dec 05

The problem is caused by the fact that the games are really old (as first published) and cannot cope with large amounts of RAM memory.

This is the suggestion from GSP(publisher of the Winnie the Pooh game) click here

Hope that helps.

geedad 20:39 09 Dec 05

ST Atlantis,Thalmus and gudgulf.
Many thanks - lots to try. However, the response from gudgulf was fine and Winnie works!
Perhaps PINGU will work when I reinstal it!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…