Virtual Memory

fredie 21:15 20 Oct 03

I am running windows 2000 professional with 256 meg of RAM. I frequently get a dialogue box popping up saying that the virtual memory minimum is too low and that the system is low on virtual memory.

Is there anything I should do?

Thank you

krypt1c 21:26 20 Oct 03

Hi fredie - check what your virtual memory [pagefile] is set at. It should be about 1.5 times your physical memory, in your case 256mb + 128mb = 384mb. You can check what it is with right click my computer > properties > advanced and you should get a display that will tell you what it's set at. You should also have applications ticked, rather than background. W2K will tell you what size it should be. Click the change button the display should say minimum allowed nn, recommended nn, currently allocated nn. This is also where you can change it.

mark e 21:48 20 Oct 03

I may be mistaken but I think you need hard drive space for it to work, so check your drives to see how much space are on them.

Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…