virtual clone drive ? ?

alan2k1 10:23 23 May 03

hi i am running winxp pro. c = hard drive d = cd writer and drive f = cd rom. i keep getting the appearance of a "drive" f labelled as virtual clone drive . i have uninstalled "it" even if it doesn't exisit. but it reappears ? in properties it is described as "elby dvd-rom scsi cd rom device" eveything else appears to work fine, any ideas what is happening any why ? thanks

keith-236785 10:30 23 May 03

What has happened to drive E: or was it a typing error?
if you right click on my computer, properties, Hardware, Device Manager. click the + at the side of DVD/CDROM Drives, is the virtual clone drive there, if so highlight it and right click, choose uninstall. then restart computer, see if it re-appears.

hope this helps

BigMoFoT 10:44 23 May 03

If you are using the new version of clone cd (which I presume you are!) it installs a virtual cd drive which is under scsi controllers in device manager should you wish to remove it.

alan2k1 10:56 23 May 03

sorry e = cd rom

i have just installed clone cd so is this is where it is from ? and what use is it ?

BigMoFoT 11:04 23 May 03

Yeah the latest version installs a virtual drive so you can mount images to that drive to save burning them onto a cd - works a bit like daemon tools

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…