Virtual CD SDSI Rom Device

Dekka123 16:55 26 Nov 06

Hi all. Hope you can help me. I am running Win XP SP2 and I have a CD Rom Drive(I) and a DVD RW Drive (H) On checking My Computer I find that I have aquired another DVD Drive (J). In device manager it is listed as (V) Virtual CD SCSI CD rom Device. I do not know where this comes from can someone please tell me how I can rectify this. Can I delete it safely. Any help gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

crosstrainer 17:16 26 Nov 06

Have you recently installed any software that might have created this virtul drive? Some applications use a virtual drive to store images of cds dvds so that you do not actually have to have the disc in the drive.

Dekka123 23:54 26 Nov 06

Yhanks for your reply crosstrainer and no I have not installed anything at all. If I double click on the drive in explorer it tells me to insert a disk. I did try uninstalling it but it came back as soon as I rebooted. Any more ideas please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…