virtual cd drive

butter fingers 19:43 08 Sep 09

Hi everybody, son number 2 has a netbook which he would like to run a cd on without connecting the cd drive. I think a virtual drive might do the trick. Any recommendations for a free program to make a drive? I think I will need to make an iso image of the cd to mount it. Any good 'how to' sites for this please. I have nero available to use. thanks in advance.

butter fingers 21:55 08 Sep 09

any help anybody?

justme 22:15 08 Sep 09

Have you tried looking for "virtual cd drive" on google?

It will throw up lots of references to virtual cd drives and you can peruse them at your own pace.

I believe that most if not all of the programs which emulate a cd drive require you to make an iso image of the cd and I think that Nero should be able to do this for you.

It may not work with copy protected cds although somebody may have found a way round this.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 22:31 08 Sep 09

Yes, search in google, "Daemon tools lite". Brilliant piece of software which you can use to mount ISO images as virtual CD / Dvd drives. Completely free too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…