virgin.net spam filter

pinelea 18:23 19 Dec 08

Since Virgin Media moved me from ntlworld.com to virgin.net, many of my emails have been siphoned off by the spam filter. This means every day I have to access web-mail, and then the spam filter, in order to deal with emails that previously appeared in Outlook Express as expected. What can I do about this?

Clapton is God 19:13 19 Dec 08

The usual way to deal with this (certainly in Google Mail, for instance) is to add the sender's address of the 'genuine' e-mails to the address book at Virgin's web mail service.

Clapton is God 19:17 19 Dec 08

Alternatively, is there not an option at the web mail service to mark an e-mail as 'not spam'?

Again, Google Mail allows you to do that and thereafter 'remembers' that the sender is sending a genuine e-mail.

BRYNIT 19:42 19 Dec 08

log onto your account via click here click on settings/spam mail and change the settings.

pinelea 14:17 22 Dec 08

Clapton is God - Thank you; I've done this several times, to no avail.

Brynit - Thanks, but your link took me to Broadband Extras, to which I don't subscribe. Webmail Settings don't appear to include an option to change what bothers me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…