virgin.net

raymond leslie-295325 15:06 27 Nov 03

Has anyone any advice about the goings-on at Virgin.net. I have had great problems logging on to E mail, and often great delays in getting on to large sites like google. Their phone messages indicate some recent difficulty but I cannot contact anyone there to ask. Anyone else having problems ? Or should I just cancel Virgin and go to BT Internet?

scotty 15:35 27 Nov 03

Had real problems Tuesday evening. Read at article at The Register which suggested many ISPs affected by damage to a sub-sea cable between Europe and US. See various threads posted Wednesday.

brigez 16:16 27 Nov 03

managed to get into my email ok today and send my mr angry email.......

Been having problems with virgin 24/7 for about a month now. unable to get on some sites and regularly fails while trying to get to my email accounts. sent virgin support an email three times outlining the problem but i only get standard form letter replies. I'm now trying to send another email threatening to cancel my subscription, hopefully that'l get their attention!...... but only if i get connected!!

Ellie3009 08:59 29 Nov 03

I, like some other around here have been experiencing severe difficulties with the virgin 24/7 internet service. This has been going on since the summer, but in the last month things have got a little silly, sometimes having to disconnect and reconnect 20 times, or not getting any connection at all. I have emailed virgin support, but, like everyone else here, have received nothing except an automated reply.

What I am looking for, if anyone else out there can help me, is simply some alternative 24/7 dialup numbers to try. I did intend to ring the lo-call number for this, except I dont have a touch-tone phone, so it wont work!!!!!

So basically, anyone out there on virgin 24/7, can you please post here or email me the dialup numbers you use, and any alternatives that you have been given to try ?

Thanks in advance,
Ellie

Ellie3009 09:00 29 Nov 03

oops, sorry, that was mean to be a new thread!

artist4 14:31 29 Nov 03

I had almost a month of probs with Virgin 24/7. No joy at all from phone calls - they used to be very helpful. I got 'standard' responses from their emails - finally gave up. Went over to Freeserve - very good, so far. I was with Virgin for 3 years - wonder why they got so sloppy?

been with virgin almost 5 years and had enough. the latest service anouncement is asking users to restrict usage of broadband, me thinks its time to leave for pastures new.

taffyal 15:23 29 Nov 03

Using Eudora I can access Yahoo but Not virgin, can also access Hotmail & Incredimail, but have difficulty getting any web sites- taken 10 goes to get this one!! Have emailed numerous times but I have not even had the courtesy of a standard reply. The most pig ignorant company I have ever dealt with!! Has anyone got similar problems with other ISP's? Any reccomendations re NTL? They sound good, but wary of signing up for an year- what if they are as bad as Virgin? ( Or is that possible?)

raymond leslie-295325 15:38 29 Nov 03

From Lilliput

I have finally got fed up with Virgin, and joined up with Tiscali; instantly better speed and service. My 5 years with Virgin were reasonably good, but after the last 4/5 months, plus the comments herein, I think I'vedone the right thing. All I have to do now is persuade Virgin not to charge me each month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…