Virginmedia reprovisioning page address?

WhiteTruckMan 23:08 23 Sep 07

I've been trying to access the reprovisioning page for virgin prior to changing my main machine, just so I know I can do it before i go ahead. As an ex-ntl customer I used to use 172.16.30.84 but its been quite a while since I used it and that doesnt seem to work anymore. Anyone got the current one please?

TIA

WTM

WhiteTruckMan 21:51 25 Sep 07

Bump

powerless 22:33 25 Sep 07

reprovisioning page?

VoG II 22:38 25 Sep 07

Sounds like a scam to me...

octal 22:46 25 Sep 07

I know what you mean.

I have been having a look on click here, but couldn't find anything. The only thing I can suggest is to ask on the cable forum and one of the techs might be able to help.

WhiteTruckMan 23:18 25 Sep 07

Youre probably right, but it was worth a go here first.

Powerless & VoG™- Its the page where you register the mac address of your network adaptor of your main computer withthe isp. I could in theory go ahead and just change my machine (the current one will be broken up for upgrade parts to other machines in the house) because I have cloned the mac address to my router. However, I might just end up with a new router sometime as this one is showing signs of being a little quirky, so I would have to reprovision anyhow.

WTM

User-312386 23:42 25 Sep 07

You no longer need to advise the change of mac addresss

Telewest binned the idea about 2 years ago

powerless 23:44 25 Sep 07

Ah, I see.

I think it's the modem where they want the MAC address. I had mine replaced and that is what I have to read out to the VM helpline to get back online.

p.s. as you also going through a router...I'm certain you will be OK.

User-312386 23:53 25 Sep 07

http:// 192.168.100.1/ is the normal ip for your modem to access it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…