virgin wireless setup problem!!!!

tAtu*! 08:55 11 Oct 08

hi all

I am trying to set up my virgin internet wirelessly.......

I can connect to internet via ethernet,but when i try to connect wireless thats when my problems start!!

i have the standard virgin modem, but when i attach my zoom wireless router i cant connect!!! when i try to repair network, it says its sorted the problem but in fact it aint!!!!

I keep getting page cant be displayed. I can see that on wireless network, its connected locally, but not to internet!

please help... virgin have sennt me a 30ft ethernet cable and i have joking thought this is what they mean by using the internet anywhere!! haha!!

using windows vista, firefox browser. have enabled/disabled ZA and still get same problem!!!

thanks in advance

T

brundle 09:04 11 Oct 08

Disconnect everything and switch off for 10 minutes - PC, router and modem. Switch on modem, wait a minute or two, switch on router, wait a couple more minutes, switch on PC. Now try the wireless connection.

baldydave 11:44 11 Oct 08

First take brundles advice.
second right click wireless adapter go to properties click on settings for ip4 and ip6 make sure obtain address automatically is picked on both.
Thirdly try changing channel number on router normally set to 11 change to 4 or 5

baldydave 11:45 11 Oct 08

Sorry for this but have you checked you have picked correct wep/wpa key and code

tAtu*! 12:28 11 Oct 08

hi, tried thhese options. i have not set wep up because i am fed up trying tosort this out. it shows the computer finding the zoom wireless router, but when the router is shown trying to connect to the net, there is just a red X on the status.

any more suggestions?? thanks

tAtu*! 12:47 11 Oct 08

how do i change the the settings for ip4 and ip6?? they just say local and limited.......

thanks

tAtu*! 13:42 11 Oct 08

any suggestions?? i am losing patience with the wwireless!!!!!!

brundle 14:12 11 Oct 08

"I can connect to internet via ethernet,but when i try to connect wireless thats when my problems start!!

i have the standard virgin modem, but when i attach my zoom wireless router i cant connect!!! when i try to repair network, it says its sorted the problem but in fact it aint!!!!
"

Are you saying when you connect the router between modem and PC and a cable between PC and router, you can access the internet?

You must establish internet connectivity first, then tackle wireless.

tAtu*! 14:28 11 Oct 08

i can connect my modem to laptop via ethernet and its fine-get local and internet displayed.

when i plug the wireless router to the modem via ethernet, the laptop picks up the wireless router but it only displays local and not internet!

thanks

brundle 14:34 11 Oct 08

Yes, OK, but are you connecting to the router with a cable? You must ensure that you can connect to the internet via the router with a wired connection. Disable wireless on your PC until you have confirmed that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…