Virgin Users Free Upgrade to 10Mb

birdface 09:10 18 Feb 08

Virgin users on 4 Mb are getting a free upgrade to 10 Mb this month.Its a pity that I am only on 2Mb.

Andsome 09:42 18 Feb 08

This is extremely old news. I had an e mail to this effect ages ago

lofty29 10:02 18 Feb 08

don't expect much I was upgraded free 6 months ago from 2mb to 8mb no different still only getting 500kb

birdface 11:08 18 Feb 08

Oops.I only got my e-mail this morning.

Click here if you cannot see this email

We like to give our customers the best service we possibly can. That’s why we’re upgrading your broadband speed from up to 4Mb to up to 10Mb - free. No catch. No strings attached.

An album in a minute
If you thought 4Mb was pretty speedy, wait ’til you try 10Mb. You can download an MP3 music track in under 5 seconds (about the time it took to read that last sentence). A whole album takes less than a minute. And if you put the kettle on, you can download an episode of your favourite soap before it’s even boiled - under 5 minutes for half an hour’s telly.

Get ready for up to 10Mb
Your upgrade will happen automatically. No forms to fill or phone numbers to ring. And because Virgin Broadband comes via fibre optic cable (not telephone wires) your speed isn’t dependent on how close you are to a telephone exchange. It’s all part of our continuous investment in bringing you the fastest, easiest-to-use broadband in the UK.

The upgrade will start during February and will roll out region by region until the end of the summer. Keep an eye on the roll out plan at virginmedia.com/evenfaster for the latest news on your switchover date.

Can you make your Virgin Broadband even faster?
Your connection. Using a wireless or USB connection can slow you down. We recommend using the Ethernet cable in your starter kit; it’s faster, less temperamental, and easier to install.

The cable modem you use. If you’re a broadband L customer and you’ve been with us a while, we may need to upgrade your modem to help you get the most from the new speed increase. Don’t worry – if we do, we’ll do it for free. Just visit virginmedia.com/evenfaster to see if yours needs replacing.

Your PC. To get the most from our broadband service, we recommend your computer has certain specifications. You can find out if yours meets the requirements within our frequently asked questions at virginmedia.com/evenfaster.

For more info on any of the above go to virginmedia.com/evenfaster.

As it is old news we will class this as resolved.

birdface 11:14 18 Feb 08
  gazzaho 12:14 18 Feb 08

I got the email a day of so ago but I think it will take more than a month to upgrade everyone, the last update of the progress page when I checked it was 14th January and only 3 or 4 areas were done, who knows though I may be wrong. I have the 4MB service so I guess I'm going to find out if it's all it's made out to be.

I guess it'll make up a little for loosing Sky 1 and the other channels they lost when they took over NTL, I'm still annoyed about that!

Stuartli 12:16 18 Feb 08

>>You can download an MP3 music track in under 5 seconds (about the time it took to read that last sentence). >>

Must be some very slow Virgin subscriber readers...:-)

gazzaho 12:32 18 Feb 08

I should have said 1 area done and 5 in progress in my last thread.

martjc 12:56 18 Feb 08

...about six months ago the first Virgin rollout was for 10 Meg taking it upto 20 Meg? That caused them loads of trouble in complaints and helpline calls - then they started charging 25p per minute for what should be free help! That charge was obviously to stop people phoning in, [in their words needlessly] to get the service they were paying for.

Then they made some silly excuses in order to lay off lots of helpline technicians.

Hey, this is how to run a business!!!!

birdface 13:45 18 Feb 08

They started charging 25P after Branson moved in.Every time I see him he looks more like a Vulture, Just waiting to pick the bones clean of any company that he joins.He can't wait to get rid of of [NTL] Virgin some big American company after it,And he was advising the board to sell.A Big profit and then out.Im glad that the government turned down his last offer to get into the banking business.As far as I am concerned he should go up in his big balloon and stay up there.

gazzaho 14:26 18 Feb 08

I have to agree with what you say about the charged broadband help, how can they charge for asking trouble shooting questions about a service they supply? Although I have to say touch wood their broadband service has been, for the most part excellent in my area. It very rarely plays up and when it does it is usually fixed quite quickly. I have noticed though a slow down when accessing rapidshare files in the last week or so, but honestly can't say if this is down to Virgin or rapidshare.

All in all though I'm happy with the service they supply, how long this remains is, for the most part up to them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…