Virgin net users having trouble with email l

computernerdiamnot 13:55 20 Apr 04

I have been having trouble to the effect of no emails coming to my inbox, i phoned virgin and after a lengthy run around they said they were migrating the email service so to avoid any of you virgin users the cost of dial up support on a premium rate number this should help. I was told that they do not have a time frame as to when this would finish but what really gets my goat is it would of been nice of them to inform us of what they were going to do and how it would effect us. suppose they need the extra money for the anti-spam and virus checks they are going to provide. Hope this helps to somewhat.

ardvarc 17:27 20 Apr 04

Did you not receive a email from Virgin telling you about this. It is going on until the 24th and it is a free service. Pasted a bit below.

Hello,

We're upgrading our email service very soon so, as part of a range of improvements, you'll automatically receive some anti-virus and email anti-spam protection on your Virgin.net email account. This will help reduce the amount of junk emails arriving in your Virgin.net email inbox.

Whether you're a Virgin.net Pay As You Go, 24seven or Broadband customer, these new services are totally free.

I got three emails for all the account holders on mine?

computernerdiamnot 20:04 20 Apr 04

Yes i they sent me an email on the new services they were providing but did not mention that if the migration did not go smoothly it would mean no one could leave messages on virgins server. After i phoned virgin they said that they did not think there would be any probs but anyway everything back to normal now i was just trying to save anyone a few pennies in case they were wondering what was happening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…