Virgin Net email problem - anyone else got it?

Charlie Babbage 11:28 11 Sep 09

Recently been told by two friends that after sending an email to me at my Virgin Net address they received a 'bounce' message to say that the original email had not been delivered. However, I did received the original message.

I sent myself an email and this is a copy of the 'bounce' message which does not come from Virgin Net:

'This is the mail system at host ofarelay02.hostedemail.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

[email protected]>: host mailin-02.mx.aol.com[205.188.249.91] said:
550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mailin-02.mx.aol.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND'

Is this message some kind of spam? Any idea how to stop it happening? I do not have an email address at netscape.net so do not know why that is shown. I sent my original test message via web mail so do not think that any of my email account settings have been changed.

Charlie Babbage 11:12 12 Sep 09

... trying again to get it back to current listing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…