Virgin Net 24/7 Connection

Piggles 12:34 28 Sep 03

Does anyone else have difficulty in connecting to Virgin 24/7 Anytime or is it my computer. I just had 9 attempts to connect before success. Is there anything I can do to help.

Piggles 13:04 28 Sep 03

Perhaps nobody else uses Virgin?

Fateful Shadow 13:33 28 Sep 03

I use Virgin 24/7

Usually connecting to the service works 99% of the time. The only time it won't connect is if I put in the password incorrectly or if my dad is using the computer downstairs.

I think it's just that many people use the service, and that it has difficulty coping with demand. Then again I could be talking garbage...most likely the latter...

Piggles 13:36 28 Sep 03

Thanks Fateful Shadow - I wish I got your success rate. I wonder if living in a remote part of Wales has any effect on connecting

Proxy worm 14:07 28 Sep 03

i havwe vigin 24/7 sometimes i dont connect as the service is busy?

Duncydoo 16:16 28 Sep 03

Piggles - I'm having the same trouble with Virgin 24/7 and I live in Wales too. It has really been bothering me as I have used Virgin as an ISP for nearly 3 years and always found it brilliantly efficient. I keep getting error messages and time out messages - can anyone suggest anything?

ardvarc 16:48 28 Sep 03

Been using Virgin 24/7 since it came out and my connection speed is always 49.3 - 50.2Kbps with manual configuration. Have yet to have log on failure unless their servers are down which rarely happens. My connection number is 08089933069 with no area code. Also in Modem properties take the check out of wait for dialling tone in 98 or XP.

powerless 16:50 28 Sep 03

Wiggle the phone connection.

Doogie Howser 17:03 28 Sep 03

We've been with Virgin 24/7 for at least 3 years. It was brilliant 'til about 6 months ago but since then it regularly drops the connection or fails to connect first time. I was wondering whether it had something to do with XP since it seemed to coincide with switching to that OS. I'm also considering buying a new modem to see if that's the problem. However it's starting to sound like it's more of a problem at the other end!

Digital 17:04 28 Sep 03

Recently I've had problems connecting. Dialling in is fine but waiting for the password verification seems longer & sometimes fails though it's usually OK on a second try. Sending e-mails is slower now too, they seem to go in sections instead of in on go.

Digital 17:06 28 Sep 03

Forgot to add I too live in Wales, in the colonized bit - Abergele!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…