Virgin Media new e-mail service.

Splodge 20:30 29 Aug 07

They seem to have altered things with little warning. We used to have 15 e-mail addresses and I knew how to configure them. We now have 5!

However, the old settings do not seem to work and we have to pay 25p per minute for tech support! Another money-making scam!

Frankly I have little money and am reluctant to pay it,

Anyone got the answers for me please.

advancetech 00:03 30 Aug 07

Been a Virgin customer for a couple of years now and I must say that since the revamp to virgin media things seem to have deteriorated a little. I am on plan three which does only give 5 mail boxes. Higher priced plans may give you more.
I have been trying for days to configure the mail boxes by signing into 'customer zone' and the 'my mail' link but keep getting a server error message.
If you have been with them for more than 12 months you may want to consider changing, as I am, to Plusnet who have no frills packages from £9.99 a month and a local rate, Sheffield based support center.
If within the 12 months be prepared to pay a £50 get out fee. You will unfortunately also need to request a mac code for the transfer which takes about a week to come through.
Hope this helps.

Splodge 07:32 30 Aug 07

Thanks for the respone!

I have been a cable user for some years with Blueyonder. They were friendly and helpful. Since the takeover by NTL and then the re-branding they have become awful.
Unfortuntely, when I looked into changing, I found that my telephone number, which I have had for 25 years,would cost over £100 to transfer back to BT (and take a month)! That is how they deter.
In the end I bit the bullet and was soon talking (at 25p per minute) to a nice, but almost unintelligible chap from Poona!

I have 2 e-mail programs and while he was (unnessarily) taking me through the configuration procedure, on Oulook Express, my Incredimail began to receive my mail.

Since they are configured in the same way and I had not touched it, the conclusion must be that the error was theirs but they had not realised it!

Naturally, they are never going to concede it.

I am receiving mail again today!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5