Virgin Media broadband

HannibalCat 12:56 02 Sep 07

Is anyone else receiving the snail-pace that Virgin seem to be currently offering? Apart from the treacle-like slowness over the past few days, I've had my broadband connection disappear entirely eight times in two weeks, three times just yesterday.
Are Virgin just unable to cope with the amount of traffic they are getting or is all broadband this bad?

Mine is terrible too. I am on 20mb BB but only receive about 8-9 and they can't (or won't) do anything about it.

stylehurst 13:33 02 Sep 07

Not having any problems in my locality.

birdface 15:11 02 Sep 07

Try this speed test, click here thats ok the problem will be your computer.

bluto1 15:15 02 Sep 07

I'm with Virgin 'up to 8 Meg' BB and currently getting appx 2.3. I'm happy enough with it but also acutely aware that it's a lot less than I'm paying for. I'm only about 400 Yards from the exchange on ADSL modem.

birdface 15:16 02 Sep 07

Are you just connected through the Modem or Wireless.If just the modem ,Try Control Panel.Network connections. Right click Local area connection and press repair. See if that finds any faults.Or Control Panel.Administrative Tools.Services, And scroll down to DNS Client and make sure it is set to automatic.What Firewall do you use.

Strawballs 15:17 02 Sep 07

Solent area fine

bluto1 15:18 02 Sep 07

Hi buteman, I'll use your advice too. It looks good.

woodchip 15:20 02 Sep 07

If you download any large programs etc at busy times they will throttle your bb connection, the more you do it the more they will throttle it

Strawballs 15:22 02 Sep 07

I'm on 4meg and using the link buteman gave I got 4982kbps download and 381kbps upload which ain't bad at all

birdface 12:35 03 Sep 07

Nothing better than getting a swift reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now