Virgin D-Link wireless N 300 router

rdh660 21:14 09 Feb 11

Hi..this might be in the wrong helproom but here goes.
I am thinking about changing my ISP. I am at present with Virgin and they have made me a really good offer to stay with them. I can only receive broadband through the telephone wires in our area so cable etc is of no concern. I am comparing their service to BT. I have a BT phone line and want to stay with BT for my telephone so thought I might move broadband to them and receive their new hub 3 in the process. Virgin have offered me their best d-link wireless N300 dslmodem/router to stay with them but no-one at Virgin seems able to be able tell me which model this will be so that I can look up the specs and make a comparison. Has anybody recently received such a modem/router from Virgin and can tell me the model that is shipped. Thanks

gengiscant 10:27 10 Feb 11

Your router that Virgin are offering is actually the D-Link DIR 615,info here:click here

961 11:17 10 Feb 11

As far as I can see both these routers require a separate ADSL modem to work via the phone line

If you already use the phone line with virgin I assume you have a separate modem or other Virgin device to make the ADSL connection

The specifications and reviews of both modems can be readily seen on the web if you use google

Woolwell 11:23 10 Feb 11

Virgin provide the modem as well.

Woolwell 11:31 10 Feb 11

Sorry - reread the post you don't get cable. The DIR 615 and separate modem is supplied for cable customers.

Woolwell 11:39 10 Feb 11

BTW I was under the impression that they supplied Netgear modem/routers for adsl.

rdh660 15:13 10 Feb 11

Sorry with the late response but I have only just logged on. Much obliged to everyone for the helpful responses to my question. Wish virgin knew as much about their products as forum members seem to. Thanks again.
Regards rh6

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…