Virgin counter

Templar1961 13:36 01 May 05

I have put a counter on my web site on Virgin freespace using the following code:

IMG SRC="click here? uname=your.username">

The counter is visible on other computers but not my own! Can anyone tell me what setting I need to change on my own pc in order for the counter to be displayed?

Thanks

number21online 14:05 04 May 05

I have the Virgin counter on my web site and I don't see it displayed on my own computer either. However it does seem to work and it does appear on visitors computers. If you are desperate to see it download Opera as it displays the Virgin counter OK. I queried it with Virgin and they did not have an answer, I do not know of any setting to change to rectify this. Can't be of any more help but at least you know you are not the only one with this anomaly.

grumpy old git 13:46 17 Jul 05

Hi, it's me again, that is - I used to be 'number21online' (as above) now I'm a 'grumpy old git' so my wife says anyway!!!!

Regarding the counter problem. I have started using 'Windows Security Centre' firewall, anti-spyware et. al. and of course I had to disable Norton Internet Security (I am still running Norton Anti-Virus) ever since then when I access my web site the counter (Virgin cgi script)appears, not only that but I could never post a message on my own guestbook (Virgin cgi script)and now I can ... should I ever want to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…