Virgin Broadband...Always on???? No it's not

SpyMan²°°­­³ {:o)){--< 12:14 10 Sep 03

I have Virgin ADSL Broadband and it says that one of the benefits of it is that its an "always ON connection"

If that is so...then why do i have to reconnect every time i boot my computer up?

Is there a way that i can make it "always ON" and please don't say...."yeah...just keep your computer running all the time"

regards

Graham

Jester2K II 12:19 10 Sep 03

ADSL has to dial up everytime. Once you've dialled your on until you disconnect.

Cable Broadband doesn't.

Why not have IE start when your PC boots so it dials out on boot up?

Terrahawk 12:21 10 Sep 03

it won't run when the computers off the modem needs power and drivers which usually comes via the computer their may be a way in properties to auto dial when your machine has booted but not using virgin i dont know the layout

I have thought of trying to make it connect as soon as windows is loaded but it some takes about 10 secs after windows is loaded for both lights on modem to come on showing that it is ready

is there any way of starting the connection say 15 secs after windows is loaded?

-pops- 12:35 10 Sep 03

Is that miniscule amount of time of that much importance?

I much prefer having to manually connect my internet service on bootup, even with broadband - I know then that things are in order and the remote connection is the one I want it to be.

Jimma 22:16 18 Sep 03

If you use an ethernet modem i.e. D-Link DSL-300G+ and treat it like a LAN connection, then it is 'always-on' otherwise just live with it and enjoy the bandwidth!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…