Virgin Broadband - upload problems

bmfield 22:41 22 Apr 07

I was previously on NTL before being moved onto Virgin Media (4MB). It's never been as quick as NTL but in the last 2 days it's been really slow and I can't upload files/attach files on web-based email/send information to websites.

Having contacted Virgin's technical support (Indian Call centre) they told me I had an upload speed so it was my computer. Yes I have an upload speed but it only uploads the first 40000 bits before timing out!

I've tried uninstalling IE7, returning to a system restore point from a month ago, refreshing my IP address, virus scans, running in safe mode, and disabling virus scans and firewalls but nothing makes any difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions - I have also sent a complaint by email to Virgin.

Thanks

birdface 23:33 22 Apr 07

click here might give you an idea of your speed.

bmfield 23:39 22 Apr 07

Download speed is fine - what it should be. It's just the upload speed that is affecting everything. But thanks for your help

Bruce

Strawballs 23:59 22 Apr 07

click here this one should also give you upload speeds as well.

bmfield 00:17 23 Apr 07

This is the problem - testing download works fine and is a decent speed

Come to test upload speed and it fails to test it as its not a continuous upload stream.

How can I get a continuous upload?

Bruce

ianeon 04:47 23 Apr 07

I was on Telewest Blueyonder before being "moved" onto Virgin Media(4mb) and I have exactly the same problems - slow speeds - I too complained but couldn't get the call centre to understand what the problem was. I too complained in writing and was asked to provide figures to support my complaint!!! - Haven't heard anything back since - I live in the N.E. of England - My system works perfectly well at 4am - but at 9am and again at 5pm-7pm it grinds to a halt( practically - lol ). Good luck with your problem, I may change to BT they sem to be improving their service

birdface 10:12 23 Apr 07

It looks as though there are quite a few complaining about it,Had a look on the cable Forum.And they say if you think its bad now,It will be a lot worse when they start the 20mb next month,Its a matter of wait and see,Are you on cable, or dial up.

birdface 10:22 23 Apr 07

click here this does not open in the correct page, Go to 10Meg is being downgraded in the evening.

birdface 10:25 23 Apr 07

You have to go into Internet services and then 10 meg is being downgraded.

ianeon 12:08 23 Apr 07

I am on broadband - Thank you for that forum address

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…