virgin broadband connection problem

campal 10:57 24 May 07

My friend is trying to connect to Virgin on his laptop, he was originally with BT. but during set up he gets this message: broadband setup cd could not renew the IP address for your network adaptor(DHCP). there maybe a problem with your physical connections. There is also an error message : DHCPallows your network adaptor to obtain its network settings automatically . Error number 00.01.IE.003E, i thought it might be the ethernet lead but tried another and had the same problem, any suggestions?

johnnyrocker 10:59 24 May 07

has he installed the virgin software?

johnny.

birdface 11:11 24 May 07

Hi,There have been a few threads on here about the same subject,And if I remember right you had to go to All programs.Accessories,Communications,And I think it was run Network Set-up Wizard or Connection wizard and run that,I am sure someone will be able to give you the correct information.

birdface 11:13 24 May 07

I should have added connecting through Ethernet I don't think you have to run the installation software.

birdface 21:04 24 May 07

bump.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…