virgin broadband

steve_rfc 17:20 23 Oct 07

hi can anyone answer a queastion for me plz

im with virgin for my broadband but want to go wireless that the mo i have a cable modem supplyed by virgin them selfs lol

would i still need to buy a wireless cable router or is there anyway around my problem ????

IntoPCs 17:43 23 Oct 07

Just get yourself a wireless router, plug your Virgin modem into the router (using the network cable not usb) and away you go!

Actually that makes it sound too easy, but the main thing is you don't need to change the Virgin equipment.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 23 Oct 07

would i still need to buy a wireless cable router

Yes

steve_rfc 19:41 23 Oct 07

i have a netgear wireless router would that be ok to use ???? and would i need to install any software ?

IntoPCs 10:38 24 Oct 07

You shouldn't need any software - once in place you connect to the router via Internet browser using the address given in the manual - I think it is 192 .168 .0 .1 (no spaces) for netgear.
If in doubt read the manual, it should have a quick setup guide at the beginning.

griffo 11:05 24 Oct 07

Not all routers work with Cable. We had to buy a new one for this reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…