Virgin Broadband

Desperate-Dan 16:44 19 Jan 06

Hi all,does any forum member use Virgin broadband? a friend is thinking of getting it,no contract to sign £14.99 a month. regards Dan

Skills 16:54 19 Jan 06

Ive not use it personally but a friend did and had loads of problems sorting it out. The connection would be made but everytime you turned off the PC it wouldnt connect next time you turned it on. The only way to sort it was to uninstall and reinstall. Virgin did sort it out in the end but it did take them some time.

There is also a £50 cancelation fee should you leave before 12months

weedic 17:12 19 Jan 06

I use the same package and find it pretty good, but as skills says there is a £50 fee for cancelling which is a bit of a pain.

Although I never did manage to install the supplied modem on a machine with ME!

SANTOS7 19:12 20 Jan 06

Just installed the £14:99 512kb package for a friend , getting 2 meg connection as automatic upgrade.
Been with virgin for a while now can't fault them,as for after sales service, friend i'd installed package for had small prob phoned Virgin they not quite sure what was wrong, made enquireries and phoned him back within the hour and sorted his problem.........

CLONNEN 08:02 21 Jan 06

Virgin Broadband works well - never had a serious outage - pity about their customer service support though.

Once it is setup it goes like a dream.

Desperate-Dan 09:08 21 Jan 06

Thanks to all,for the advice.

pyrocrafter 08:06 27 Feb 06

My sister registered for Virgin broadband a few weeks ago and has never managed to connect to the service. She has spent countless hours on the phone to Virgin and no one has been able to sort it out. At first, her username and password wouldn't get accepted, so she went on the site through dial up and changed her password ~ then she did manage to connect but everything froze up. A friend of her's is having exactly the same problem and Virgin told them they were having difficulties their end. Everyday she tries to connect but nothing works.
Personally, I use Tiscali. I am connected all day long at 2.2Mbps. It's great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now