virgin + box hdmi lead

polish 22:33 06 Feb 08

iam getting the virgin plus box on sat but was wondering if it worth getting a hdmi lead to connect to my tv even though there is very little hd progs on virgin if any would there be a difference in quality over a scart lead

anniesboy 08:05 07 Feb 08

Virgin may supply one with the box ,Sky did.
If your tv is HD ready and I guess it is.
Then I think it will be an advantage,others with more knowledge than me may come along

Monument 08:44 07 Feb 08

Virgin supplied me with an HDMI lead.

It is true that their HD content is only BBC HD and the odd pay per view film with no liklyhood of that changing soon. I am seriously thinking of changing back to Sky as a consequence.

skeletal 10:47 07 Feb 08

To state the obvious, you have to have HDMI to watch HD telly, and yes you can easily see a big improvement in quality. “Ordinary” telly is less noticeable difference between Scart and HDMI. I always use HDMI because you have to change the virgin box’s output settings to swap between the two which means going through set-up menus.

As with all consumer stuff there is always the promise of everything is “coming soon”. In this context, the vast improvement to Virgin’s HD service is “coming soon”.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced