Virgin B.Band disruption tommorrow

3Toed 22:10 09 Oct 03

The Virgin.net Broadband service is scheduled to be upgraded between the hours of 0900 and 1700 on Friday 10th October. For a period of up to 60 minutes during this time, Broadband customers may experience connection difficulties. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Not sure if posting in correct forum(you may think you require assistance tommorrow)Cut and pasted this from their site for info.

mark e 22:33 09 Oct 03

It would be nice if they advised their customers

I am one who knew nothing until now.

Mark

sil_ver 22:49 09 Oct 03

Nor me. Perhaps this explains why it took me 6hrs to connect on Monday evening and got dropped on Tuesday. Normally the service has been reliable.

3Toed 22:53 09 Oct 03

There are probably lots who dont know,like yourself,and i quite agree with your suggestion.I am actually on dial-up at present waiting for b.band.The only reason i saw this is because i was suffering recently with my connection,and wanted to find out if the problem would improve.Thought it would be useful info.for others who use broadband when i read it.

mark e 23:06 09 Oct 03

3Toed,
My appologies, I was NOT having a go at you and I am grateful that you posted this thread

Mark

3Toed 23:10 09 Oct 03

Mark,i didn't think you were,but thanks anyway.

Boluwd 00:22 10 Oct 03

Had an email from them just now (but it took nearly all night to log on)! It didn't mention the shutdown but apologised for the (well) below par service. see link click here.
I actually went on to their customer service page and saw the shutdown warning.... not the easiest /most intuitive ISP home pages are they? They could really do with a "current status" page. Shall I contact Sir Richard?!

Ironman556 00:55 10 Oct 03

Does it affect service when they connect a new area?

mark e 09:02 10 Oct 03

Just found this after much searching.

"If you're having problems with the Internet (and if you use Virgin Net as your Internet connection provider), check this page before phoning the helpline. We'll tell you what's going on as soon as we're aware of any problems"

Yeh right Anyone feel like a mushroom

Mark

3Toed 16:40 10 Oct 03

When all's said and done they should have contacted people using virgin broadband,i have found them top notch up to press,as far as my dial-up line goes,(apart from minor hiccups)but they do need to be more up front with info on any possible interuptions.I know its today now but at least between us all posting hopefully some people would have been prepared.

Thanks for replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…