Virgin 20mb wireless broadband help

Davido87 13:41 17 Dec 07

hi guys, just got 20mb broadband from virgin installed and was wondering if anyone could recomend a good wireless router that would get speeds of 20mb ( or as close as phyisicly possible)! I'd also want to be able to connect my ps3 wirelessly too, not sure if that would make a difference!Thanks in advance :-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:15 17 Dec 07

You aren't going yto get any where near 20M via wireless, Wireless Data Speed of up to 108 Mbps

only if you connect by cable will you see the speed advantage.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:22 17 Dec 07

click here

Wireless speeds

Davido87 15:03 17 Dec 07

i've just been looking at a linksys wrt54gl router, can anyone tell me what sort of speeds i could expect wirelessly with this?

Fruitbat > when you say connected by cable, do you mean a long ethernet cable? if so, i'd be looking at a 30 metre cable! Firstly can you get them this long, and secondly, would that sort of length reduce the speed?

thanks for your help so far guys, wireless is totally new to me and i'd be lost with out you!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…