Violation of the Forum Site Policy

hoverman 19:33 23 Dec 03

No doubt some will know what I am referring to but the FE has just withdrawn a thread which was not only totally out of order, but also included the offensive 'f' word - albeit spelt with an 'a' instead of a 'u'. I only hope the offender has been banned from this forum because there is no excuse at all for this. I am not by no means a prude, I enjoy the occasional 'adult'joke, but this Forum is not the place for abuse and offensive language. When will newcomers, or anyone, take the time to read the Site Policy before posting threads?

Djohn 19:43 23 Dec 03

hoverman, totally agree. Must admit I didn't notice the thread you refer to though. j.

Lozzy 20:04 23 Dec 03

me neither

Hey Djohn Merry Xmas

Djohn 20:05 23 Dec 03

Merry Christmas Lozzy ;o)

hoverman 20:13 23 Dec 03

Best wishes also for the festive season and a happy New Year also. Same for all Forum members - except the pratt who posted the offensive responses to his thread.

Djohn 20:22 23 Dec 03

Merry Christmas hoverman, have a good one and a happy new year. ;o)

niknax 22:41 23 Dec 03

yes i totally agree!! merry christmas everyone!!
and hope everything keeps ticking over into 2004!!!

Nicola

VoG II 22:51 23 Dec 03

I don't know which thread this refers to - I certainly missed it.

However, this is supposed to be the season of goodwill to all and so on. We all know how exasperating computers can be and I certainly use expletives when talking to mine.

If there was an offensive post then I agree that it should have been be deleted. A decision as to whether to ban is entirely in the Forum Editor's hands.

Merry Christmas!

Audeal 00:15 24 Dec 03

I didn't see the thread either. It does not take a read of the rules to know that this is not the place for abuse, keep it for the workplace and not here.

Vog. I think we all have our little arguments with our computers from time to time, just keep your words private and no one gets offended.

johnnyrocker 00:19 24 Dec 03

not found it either but best festive wishes.

johhny

stlucia 08:58 24 Dec 03

I didn't see the thread either, but well-said hoverman.

Season's Greetings to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…