vinyl's to CD

jamiedude 16:15 18 Jun 04

I have nero express,can i use this to copy my LP's to disc,if so what else do I need.
Thanks.

stlucia 16:19 18 Jun 04

Quite a few threads on this subject. Try click here to get you going.

stlucia 16:22 18 Jun 04

... er, that link doesn't seem to work.

You'll need a line-out or headphone socket on your record player or amplifier. Connect that to your sound card line-in socket to get the music into your PC. Recording software will probably/possibly come with your sound card.

When it's recorded onto your PC, you can use Nero to burn it onto a music CD.

pj123 16:31 18 Jun 04

Are the "click here" working, every one I have tried today takes me back to the PCA Homepage?

As stlucia says there are plenty of threads on this subject (3 today). Apart from the connections from Hi-Fi to computer you will need some recording software. A good free one is JetAudio from click here You will need to copy to your hard disk first and then use Nero to burn an Audio CD. Personally, I use LP Recorder and LP Ripper from click here LP Recorder will record it as one long .wav file and LP Ripper will split it back into separate tracks again.

stlucia 16:49 18 Jun 04

Something is changing in the forum today -- the search function has a different look to it and, as you say, since lunch time the links produced by the search take you back to the homepage. To produce the "click here" above I clicked on properties of the thread, and cut and pasted that, but same result.

GaT7 16:58 18 Jun 04

If Nero Express has Nero Wave Editor you can download a PDF tutorial (with pictures) from the Nero website: Capture audio files (to PC) from a cassette or vinyl player - click here - go to the last item in the list (the other tutorials listed should be helpful too). Once this is done you can burn a disc. Good luck, G

GaT7 17:27 18 Jun 04

Another vinyl to CD tutorial: click here.

If you prefer some cool vinyl-looking CDRs for your vinyl-to-CD collection have a look at these - click here. Quite expensive, but you only live once! If you do get some I'd suggest first experimenting on some cheap CDRs (or CD-RW discs) until you're satisfied with the results. G

jamiedude 14:16 19 Jun 04

Thanks for your ideas, I will study them and let you know how get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…