Vinyl>CD's

Davella 23:50 07 Feb 03

Greetings All
I want to transfer my Vinyl LP's to CD's. Any help apprecieated.

jazzypop 23:54 07 Feb 03

There are at least 22 other threads on this topic, which will at least get you started, and probably get you all the way through.

Just type 'vinyl' (without quotes) into the search box, choose 'all discussion' and 'search titles and all postings'.

By all means post back if you get stuck on any specific aspect.

rmn 23:58 07 Feb 03

connect line out from back of stereo to line in on back of soundcard (thats phono jack left and right to 3.5 mm stereo jack try maplins )use windows sound recorder or creative one if youve got it.then burn file to cd its primative but it works.good luck darren

billyliv 00:26 08 Feb 03

Hi, Best program is Total Recorder, it will record everything from anything.
click here Criteria.com
Cheers, Bill

cream. 00:39 08 Feb 03

If you have roxio for your burner then

click here

It walks you through the whole process.

Ben Avery 00:52 08 Feb 03

Steinberg Wavelab to record vinyl onto the hard drive. This gives you great editing and then you can chop the vinyl into tracks with imaculate detail, save them as track numbers, and burn them using your CDRW drive (they are recorded as .wav files so they are good quality - set settings to CD quality 44,000htz)

Simply run the line out from your Turntable into a pre-amp (if needed - otherwise you can be tacky and come out of your headphone socket!) and link the pre-amp into your "line in" slot on your soundcard (if like me you have the audigy platinum range, you can use the front RCA (phono) sockets therefore you wont need to use an adaptor or a twin RCA to 3.5 stereo jack lead).

Hit the "Rec" button on Wavelab and you'll get a level meter. For studio results, set the peak of the record (loadest point) to not go above "0" and then just start recording. When it's done you'll be left with a visual "wave file" which as you play, you will work out how to edit.

Need any other help with wavelab, drop me an email.

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…